Saturday, January 15, 2011

#102 - Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

This movie is epic, there's just no other way to describe it. It pits two screen divas against one another in an all-out cat fight, possibly the best, contentious chick battle ever put on film.

In this picture, Joan Crawford (surprisingly, playing the sympathetic sister) is a wheel-chair bound woman who is "at the mercy" of her absolutely insane sister played by Bette Davis.

I don't want to give away any of the plot because it's just so well told and it would ruin the surprise revelation that comes toward the end. This film is creepy but, fun. I watched it with one of my good friends and she and I had a great time watching these two divas going toe to toe as they "poured venom on one another."

It's a spectacular film. My friend and I speculated if they did a remake which two big-time actresses would they cast. My vote: Meryl Streep and Glenn Close.

No comments:

Post a Comment