Saturday, May 22, 2010

#101 - Great Expectations

Like a lot of books to screen films this one is not as interesting or enjoyable when put on screen as it was on the page. What is good about it is that this movie adaptation of Great Expectations was very faithful to the book, however, it doesn't quite translate to the screen because it doesn't retain it's energy, and the film is flatter than the text on the page.

In addition, the performances were not attention grabbing and were rather stilted. They didn't bring the characters to life and I feel that when I was reading the book that my imaging of the characters in my head was more satisfying than the movie's portrayal.

This movie plodded along, and was rather boring. When I read the book I found the story riveting and a real page turner. When I read the story it flew by, but when I watched the movie it felt like it took forever to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment